Anti Racism Samples
Sample Policies and Practices
WORKPLACE VIOLENCE AND HARASSMENT
The Ontario Government offers templates for you to create workplace harassment and violence policies:
Sample Workplace Harassment Policy: https://www.ontario.ca/page/code-practice-address-workplace-harassment#section-7
Sample Workplace Violence Policy: https://www.ontario.ca/page/understand-law-workplace-violence-and-harassment#section-7
Ellis Don Policy: Respect in the Workplace
Several companies and organizations within the residential and ICI construction industries have created anti-racism campaigns that include resources, policies and practices you can adapt for your organization.
Ellis Don has taken a leadership role in this area. Their Inclusive Diversity web page provides an excellent overview and helpful resources that you can use as a guide for your own organization.
As part of this initiative, Ellis Don has made their Inclusive Diversity online training modules available to the industry at large. This training is completely online and can be accessed 24/7 from any location.
Additional resources from Ellis Don:
- Anti-racism resources: A series of fact sheets on various topics—from “the problem with microaggressions” to “unpacking your privilege”— that raise awareness and knowledge of how our individual actions can contribute to allyship and anti-racism.
- Eight Steps to Aid Preparedness Against Systemic Racism in Construction
- Code of Conduct Provisions for Subcontractors
- Toolbox Talks: a monthly overview of various topics relating to Inclusive Diversity
- Ellis Don Commitment to Inclusive Diversity
- Stamping out Systemic Racism A message from Samuel Ajobo, P.Eng. at EllisDon and company lead for the Alliance of Black Employee Experience and Leadership (ABEEL).
ECAO Anti-racism Toolbox Talk Resources to assist and educate companies and employees on what racism is, how to recognize it on construction sites, and how to eliminate it.
Built for Respect Anti-racism campaign by Tridel.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Work Plan from BILD.
Afro Canadian Construction Association A not-for-profit organization founded in September 2020 with the primary goal of increasing the presence of black-owned contracting companies in the Canadian construction industry.
Overcoming Construction Industry Racism Article in Ontario Construction Report.
How to Stamp Out Racism in Construction Blog post by RESCON with links to relevant resources and information.