For voters who can’t bring themselves to vote for Kathleen Wynne, don’t want a repeat of the early ‘90s with the NDP in charge and who don’t like the smell of the Trump-like Doug Ford (“Stop the Gravy Train” = “Drain the Swamp”), are you ready to take a chance on the Greens? Here’ are some of their platform promises:
- Better-funded services for kids with autism.
- More primary health care provided by nurse-practitioners
- Better health care for rural Ontario.
- Dentistry and prescription drugs included in public health insurance.
- Increased investment for mental health and addictions treatment,
- Corrections reforms.
- Incentives to businesses to invest in energy-efficient equipment and buildings,
- Redirecting subsidy programs toward clean-technology companies
- Building a prosperous middle class with good green jobs.
- Combining the English and French, secular and Catholic school boards
- Phasing out nuclear power
- Aggressive electrification programs for transit systems
- Tougher fuel-efficiency standards for vehicles sold in Ontario
- Banning new internal-combustion engines by 2050.
It’s a long shot, but the Greens have never had a better chance to win a seat or two in the Ontario Legislature.