On the evening of Friday, November 3rd, a spokesperson for the Premier announced that the Minister of Economic Development Job Creation and Trade and the MPP for Simcoe-Grey, Jim Wilson, had resigned from Cabinet and also from the PC Caucus to seek treatment for addictions. Then, on Monday, November 5th, various media outlets reported that allegations of sexual misconduct had been made by a male Queen’s Park staffer against Wilson.
Also, over the last few weeks, the Opposition has been raising questions about the Minister of Community Safety and Correctional Services, Michael Tibolo and in particular about the numerous lawsuits arising during his long career as a lawyer, prior to his election on June 7th as the MPP for Vaughan-Woodbridge and also about allegations of past questionable management practices.
These factors caused Premier Ford to visit the Lieutenant Governor on the morning of Monday, November 5th to make the following Cabinet changes:
- Jim Wilson, (MPP Simcoe-Grey) formerly Minister of Economic Development Job Creation and Trade - RESIGNED from Cabinet and from the PC Caucus and currently sits as an Independent
- Todd Smith (MPP Bay of Quinte), formerly Government House Leader and Minister of Government and Consumer Services - Minister of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade and continues as Government House Leader
- Bill Walker (MPP Bruce-Grey-Owen Sound), formerly Chief Government Whip - Minister of Government and Consumer Services
- John Yakabuski (MPP Renfrew-Nipissing-Pembroke), formerly Minister of Transportation - Minister of Natural Resources and Forestry
- Jeff Yurek (MPP Elgin-Middlesex-London) formerly Minister of Natural Resources and Forestry - Minister of Transportation
- Silvia Jones (MPP Dufferin-Caledon) formerly Minister of Tourism Culture and Sport - Minister of Community Safety and Corrections
- Michael Tibolo, (MPP Vaughan-Woodbridge), formerly Minister of Community Safety and Correctional Services - Minister of Tourism Culture and Sport
- Lorne Coe (MPP Whitby) - Government Caucus Whip
- Doug Downey (MPP Barrier-Springwater-Oro-Medonte) - Deputy Government Caucus Whip