Barrie Construction Association
About Barrie Construction Association
The Barrie Construction Association was originally founded in the early 1950’s as a plans room and bid depository operated by the Chamber of Commerce. In the spring of 1989, an idea was put into motion to open a Mixed Trade Association, which would address the needs of the ICI Sector in the Simcoe County area. In the past 25 years, the BCA has grown and expanded to approximately 400 member companies.
The BCA operates an in-house plans room for our members. In May of 1999 we introduced an EPR and since then, have become members of the Ontario Plans Room.
We offer our members many different services such as education including business and Gold Seal courses, as well as several discount programs. We provide a blueprint copying and scanning service. We have a full selection of CCA construction documents for sale and offer a free affidavit service for members. All members are listed in our yearly membership directory as well as on our Web Site. Throughout the year, our members can participate in a variety of social and networking opportunities such as dinner meetings, golf tournaments, and even bowling.
Barrie and area is still considered one of the fastest growing areas in the province which we hope to see continue for many more years to come.