London & District Construction Association
About London & District Construction Association
The London & District Construction Association (LDCA) brings together, in one organization, small, medium and large-sized general contractors, owners, trade contractors, manufacturers and suppliers of construction material and equipment, and other firms associated with the construction industry. The primary role of the association is to provide Leadership to all of our members through; Advocacy, Education, Innovation, and Support.
Located in London, Ontario, the LDCA serves the counties of Bruce, Elgin, Huron, Perth, Middlesex, and Oxford and promotes the growth of the construction industry in these areas.
The LDCA is governed by the members, elected officers and appointed representatives from all sections of the membership. The Association acts as a single voice to promote and campaign for the construction industry.
The LDCA’s Board members actively participate with our local cities and municipalities, the Canadian Construction Association and the Council of Ontario Construction Associations to ensure your opinions and challenges are heard.
The aims and objectives of the Association are:
- To give preference to fellow members and support those members who contribute to our industry
- To establish and maintain standard methods of practice between members and others in the construction industry
- To maintain a progressive, competitive construction industry
- To encourage the employment of local tradespeople and locally produced and distributed materials, wherever possible, on local projects
- To promote the education and training of individuals for the construction industry.
- To promote the creation and implementation of responsible legislation affecting the industry and to represent the industry in dealings with the municipal government on contemplating legislation which may affect the industry
- To represent members of the Association in any matters pertaining to the construction industry and, at the discretion of the Directors, to enter into pertinent agreements in the best interest of the construction industry
- To facilitate harmonious relationships between industry and the consumer
- To strive to guarantee a member’s rights to free competitive enterprise
- Jim Sheffield – Nicholson Sheffield Architects Inc. – President
- Mike Carter – LDCA – Executive Director
- Paula West – LDCA - Manager of Membership Development