Peterborough Construction Association
About Peterborough Construction Association
At the Peterborough Construction Association, we represent companies from the City and County of Peterborough, Northumberland and the City of Kawartha Lakes. Our members are General Contractors, Trade Contractors, Manufacturers, Supply & Service Companies and firms interested in the commercial, industrial and institutional fields of construction.
Our Board of Directors meet monthly to discuss the best ways to encourage growth in our field through promotion, networking, community involvement, training and collaboration. In order to foster a feeling of community, we have regular networking and social events and ad-hoc committee meetings to ensure that we are aware of what is happening within our membership and the construction industry as a whole.
What can we do for you?
- Provide a common meeting ground for construction firms
- Meeting rooms for all groups
- Access to Biddingo, Merx and Daily Commercial News
- Commissioner of Oaths & Affidavits For Signing Free of Charge
- Weekly information bulletins
- Annual membership and classified trade directory
- Entertainment: Golf tournament, Fellowship nights and Dinner & Dancing
- A service for gathering and disseminating all manner of information concerning the industry
- A unified voice for construction in East Central Ontario
Purpose and Objectives
- To foster and advance the interests of those who are engaged in, or who are directly or indirectly connected with or affected by the construction of buildings or infrastructure in East-Central Ontario.
- To represent the members of the Association in any matter pertaining to the construction industry in East-Central Ontario, and when necessary, to negotiate on their behalf.
- To promote suitable and desirable legislation affecting the industry in all its branches; to provide liaison with any level of government for contemplated legislation, in so far as it may affect the Construction Industry.
- To achieve a closer relationship and a better understanding between the various branches of the industry and to improve and standardize as far as possible, the methods of submitting and accepting tenders as between architect or engineers, general contractor, trade contractor and owner, and as between general contractor and sub-contractor.
- To bring about a greater uniformity in the custom and usages of those engaged in the construction industry and the furnishing of material therefore.
- To settle differences among its members and to promote a closer cooperation between the members of the various trades.
- To provide office and other facilities for the dissemination of statistics and other information and for the convenience of the various sections of the Association in holding conferences.
- To make such rules and regulations governing the activities of the members as may appear in their best interest.
- To do all such things as may directly or indirectly seem to be incidental, conductive, convenient or proper for the accomplishment of the purposes or the attainment of the objectives of the Association, or expedient for the protection or benefit of the members.