41 volunteers from 17 member associations advanced the need for a fair, reasonable, legislated payment regime for construction projects in 48 meetings with MPPs and other senior officials. It was all part of COCA’s annual industry day at Queen’s Park.
In his remarks at COCA’s Construction Day Reception in the Legislative Dining Room at Queen’s Park on February 29th, Minister of Labour Kevin Flynn stated he was speaking on behalf of Premier Wynne and said that the government is in favour of Prompt Payment legislation.
Speaking after Minister Flynn was PC MPP Todd Smith who said that his party also supports prompt payment legislation and has gone so far as to strike a Blue Ribbon Panel on Prompt Payment headed by Monte McNaughton MPP. In speaking on behalf of the NDP Paul Miller MPP expressed his personal exasperation that Ontario does not yet have prompt payment legislation and he implored all members of the legislature present to “Let’s get it done!”
Special thanks to our sponsors whose contributions help make Construction Day such a success:
- Interior System Contractors Association joint sponsors with the Ontario Masonry Contractors Association
- Electrical Contractors Association of Ontario
- Grand Valley Contractors Association
- Barry Construction Association
- Heal and Company LLP
- Northeastern Ontario Construction Association
- Ontario Construction Secretariat
- Pinchin Ltd.
- Sherradr Kuzz LLP
- Infrastructure Health and Safety Association
- Infrastructure Ontario
- Reinforcing Steel Institute of Canada