Link2Build.ca offers a new way to publish CSPs and other notices
Article by: James Raiswell, Vice President at ALTRnetiv Media Group Inc.
Seven Ontario local construction associations (LCAs) have recently launched the Link2Build.ca website, a news and information portal exclusively for Ontario’s construction industry.
Contractors and purchasers can use Link2Build.ca to access a number of distinct services, including:
- news and information content that is published daily, and which speaks to developments and trends affecting builders, contractors, designers, owners and purchasers across Ontario,
- thousands of tender opportunities from across the province’s public- and private sectors, and
- the opportunity to purchase and publish Certificates of Substantial Performance, and other notices as required under Ontario law, with the option to provide simultaneous notification to those project partners whose lien rights may be affected by such notices.
“Link2Build is a partnership initiative of seven of Ontario’s largest LCAs,” said Martha George, President of the Grand Valley Construction Association, one of the founding Link2Build LCAs. “We are excited to launch this site, and encourage contractors, designers and purchasers to take advantage of the various services we offer, including our extensive database of project-bid opportunities from across Ontario, and our unique approach to selling and publishing Certificates of Substantial Performance and other legal notices required under the Construction Act.”
Discounted rates on legal notices
Contractors and construction purchasers can turn to Link2Build.ca for publishing any of the following notices:
- Certificates of Substantial Performance
- Notices of Non-Payment of Holdback
- Notices of Termination
- Certificates of Completion of Subcontract
- Notices of Intention to Register a Condominium
Each can be purchased electronically for just $199—regardless of length—and published to the Link2Build.ca site where it is archived indefinitely, and meets all stated legal requirements under the Construction Act. Additionally, all fees charged for publishing CSPs on Link2Build.ca are returned directly to the seven members of the Link2Build alliance—not-for-profit groups that contribute to the ongoing integrity and professionalism of Ontario’s construction industry.
“As a special bonus, our site also features a free download of the second edition of the Layperson’s Guide to the Construction Act,” says George. “This is an essential reference document prepared by three Ontario lawyers, and which boils down complex information about the act and its regulations into easy-to-understand terms and ideas.”
The Link2Build alliance
Link2Build is an alliance of seven of Ontario’s largest local construction associations:
- Grand Valley Construction Association
- Kingston Construction Association
- London & District Construction Association
- Niagara Construction Association
- Northeastern Ontario Construction Association
- Ottawa Construction Association
- Windsor Construction Association
Combined, these organizations represent more than 3,000 member companies, including general contractors, consultants, subcontractors, heavy construction companies, suppliers, and professional service organizations. They also process and host nearly 10,000 total construction bid opportunities in their plans rooms each year, offer hundreds of education, professional development and safety training courses, and perform countless other activities to enhance and promote standards of professionalism in Ontario’s construction industry.
Learn more about Link2Build and its partner LCAs at link2build.ca.