Sarnia Construction Association
About Sarnia Construction Association
The Sarnia Construction Association was established in 1948.
PURPOSES AND AIMS:
- To foster and advance the interest of those who are engaged in or who are directly or indirectly connected with, or affected by, the erection or construction of buildings in the said City of Sarnia and in the said County of Lambton.
- To represent the Members of the Corporation in any matters pertaining to the building and construction industry in the said City of Sarnia and in the said County of Lambton, and when necessary, to negotiate on their behalf, and to enter into such trade or other agreements affecting wages and all other matters as may appear to be in the best interests of the construction industry.
- To promote suitable and desirable legislation affecting the industry in all its branches; and to provide liaison with governments for any contemplated legislation either by municipal, provincial or federal authorities insofar as the same may affect the construction industry.
- To achieve a closer relationship and a better understanding among the various branches of the industry and to improve and standardize as far as possible the methods of submitting and accepting tenders as between architect or engineer, general contractor, trade contractor and owner and as between general contractor and subcontractor.
- To acquire, preserve and disseminate valuable information concerning the construction industry.